Sunday, June 7, 2009

the past 3 months of my life.

have been a whirlwind of emotions and experiences that I can't even begin to describe. Besides the complete disaster with my moving company, my mom breaking her shoulder when she cae to visit me and my upcoming layoff- I've had an amazing time and learned so much about nursing and myself that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Last Thursday I finished my 8 week preceptorship. I honestly feel like a completely different person. More confident and sure of myself than I've felt in a long time. Besides the "skill" aspect of it all, (15ish IV starts most of them on 3 # or less babies, countless deliveries, lab draws, working with patients who basically crash when I take them off CPAP for cares and assessments, working with kids with trachs,lines and ostomys, and even being the code recorder for almost 3 hours on my 1st code EVER.) I feel like I've grown mentally and pushed myself and gone waaaaaay outside my comfort zone-more than I ever thought possible. I've had amazing feedback from my 3 wonderful preceptors- this unit honestly has THE best nurses I have ever ever ever worked with in my entire nursing school career. I feel honored to work on a unit like this.........

...for however long this may be. Friday I recieved my official layoff/reassignment notice in the mail. By June 26th I'll know for sure whether or not I have a job and if I do what unit I've been reassigned to. This honestly depresses me. If I'm reassigned to a unit I don't want to be on there is a great possiblity that I may voluntarily move home. Without this job there is really no reason I would want to be in Spokane. The reassignment if given will be temporary and after the census picks up in the NICU I'd be transferred back. There is a really good possibility that my reassignment will be in L&D, thats my only positive outlook on this whole ordeal.

Anyways, I miss you all so so soooooo much and I promise to keep you updated ;)

2 comments:

Tricia said...

i really hope it all works out for you there! and if not, well come home and we'll find you something!

keep your head up my dear! love you!!

Caroline said...

Update your blogggg!