This week has been one of the most disappointing and sad weeks I've had in a really long time.
On Monday my grandma was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer, she'll be seeing the surgeon tomorrow to decide what she's going to do in the means of treatment/surgery etc. The breast care coordinator we spoke with said she should expect to be having surgery in 2-3 weeks. Things are moving pretty quickly and it's very scary but we're all trying to stay super positive and hope for the very best.
Also on Monday I found out I won't be having L&D as my final preceptorship. Sara and I thought she might be able to work something out but there are already too many people precepting at VMC on L&D and it wasn't possible. It sounds so pathetic but the more it's settling in I feel so upset. Seriously crying all day today...laaaaaame. I am truly disappointed and feel that it's very unfair that my experience this summer in Truckee didn't help me get the placement I wanted. It feels like I wasted my time (even though I know I didn't and it was an amazing experience.)
I'm reallllly happy to get to spend some time in the sun tomorrow and be with my nursing friends who are basically the only people who actually understand what I'm going through. xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so sorry that all of this is happening to you...especially all at once. I will definitely keep your grandma and your family in my thoughts. By the way, I JUST got the letter you sent me about graduating in the mail today. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I had soooo much fun with you on Friday - I'm glad you got to let loose and have fun!
I'll see you tomorrow morning at Kaiser! I better brush up on my fetal monitoring so you don't make me look like I know nothing!!!
I am sad to hear that all this is going on right now as school is starting. How is your grandma now? I will also keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you, to help put a smile on your face and in your heart =) Love you!
Post a Comment