Saturday, June 28, 2008

the beginning of my summer in Truckee

So, Thursday I moved up to Truckee. I'm living with my good friend Jaimee and her parents, they are so nice and welcoming. They're all so busy though so I'm kind of feeling lonely :( I'm sure I'll start feeling better once I start working and getting busy. I'll be working on the L&D/post-partum unit at the Tahoe Forest Hospital. I TOTALLY love it up here. It feels so cool to be able to have this new experience in a new place. I feel totally out of my comfort zone here but I think it will be good for me and help me start having more confidence in myself and learn to be independent. I met my preceptor and the nurse I'm working with on Friday (my preceptor is the nurse manager so she isn't the nurse I'll be working with). The manager is really nice but the nurse I'm actually working with is REALLY nice. I am so so so excited that I get to work with her. Our personalities totally mesh and she seems like the coolest, nicest person! Also, I found out my schedule. I'm working 12 hour shifts, the 1st and last weeks I'm working nights, which makes me a little nervous because I've never worked one before..but I'm sure everything will be okay.
7/2: night
7/3: night
7/4: night
7/9: day
7/10: day
7/11: day
7/13: day
7/14: day
7/15: day
7/22: night
7/23: night
7/24: night

I'm planning on leaving to go back home on 7/25 and I'll be home until August 2nd when I leave to go on vacation with my fam to Tahoe. But I'll be home for my birthday so PLEASE keep your schedule open so we can hang out!! I'll update this after my first day on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

yay!

Caroline said...

hi hi hi! yay! i'm glad i found your blogspot! you need to keep this updated and let me know EVERYTHING that's going on =) i know you'll have a great time!